Monday, December 8, 2008

*~ePiPHaNY~*

Trial after tribulation
Tribulation after trial
I' ve presented myself to many
Just to have actions fall on deaf hearts
Constantly questioning why it is no one can appreciate me

Sometimes time, Sometimes distance
Sometimes causing Moments of mental & physical infidelity

Knowing their worth to me
Some questioned my sincerity
Others my believability
Understand I know it's hard
Believe me I know
But if you could' ve just trusted in me
Maybe you & I could' ve been we

I respect your hesitance & haste
But please don't be offended when I say
On you my talent were a waste

Some of you talked good game
Speaking to me what I wanted to hear
"You are one of a kind"
"You deserve someone who'll treat you right"
Never really showing me
But not disappointingly it wasn't
You or you or her or yes not even you
Who'd be my *EPIPHANY*

Possibilities and potential faded
I appreciate what you' ve all given to me
Experiences & lessons Lived by us
Teaching me

Reflecting back on so many ego injuries
All I can ask is why me
People giving their opinions
I feeling they're all bias
Everyone pointing at me

Feeling now that I need to stifle Myself
Conforming to your wants & needs
In the hopes this will find me someone who completes me
Augmenting myself in order for you to assimilate me into your reality
Under the facade that you are blessing me with this opportunity

But hope is never gone
Guard never activated
Still hoping I'll find the one who won't deny the best in me

One chance meeting
No words shared
Just a mirage of blinks & games
Missed opportunity
Tomorrow anew guess who I run into
Eye's caught fixated on the other's
Gaze speaking volumes upon decibals
Paths diverge
Damn another missed opportunity

Who was I to know this was the moment of my *EPHIPHANY*

Months drip off the calendar
Days spent thinking of you
Those eyes, That Moment
Not a word shared with you
Only a glance, a stare
A moment telling me all I need know
But who knew she'd
be my *EPHIPHANY*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

simply beautiful...art at its finest

~Que~